Re: [IP] Microalbuminuria

Shawna can you share you BUN and Creatanine numbers.  My latest are BUN 40
Creatanine 2.0  It's my understanding that diabetics go to dialysis when
Creatanine hits 5.0.

I've had the 24 hour Creatanine clearance test.  My nephro reluctantly gave
me two 2 liter jugs when I said I would over flow the one 2 liter jug.
About 18 hours in, I had to quit testing as I had filled the second jug.  As
I recall the clearance test was o.k.

I know I am throwing off protein now.  My nephro said that's what all the
bubbles were!

Good luck to you!!!!!

Chris

> I just got the results of my latest blood work.  My A1C was 5.3, which
made me ecstatic.  But then I noticed that my BUN/Creatinine Ratio was 32
(it was only 17 in May).  I'll be seeing my Endo on Friday, but in the
meantime, I'm wondering if this means I'll be going on Ace Inhibitors or if
it's a result of the higher protein diet I've been on the last few months.
I've never done the 24-hour urine test, my guess would be that's the next
step?  Any info would be appreciated.