[IP] Stem cell breakthrough - Am I alone

Am I alone on this?  I am not overly excited about this research, no don't get me wrong it is a great start and were on our way to a cure but it is nowhere near a cure yet.  I'm talking mainly about the Edmonton research.  I've had quite a few people come upto me and ask if I've heard or isn't it great... etc they seem to think it's a cure.  Personnally I would rather have shots then have that procedure and be on anti-rejection pills for the rest of my life.  I don't know it just doesn't get me all that excited.
  Now when people come up to me all excited about it, I tell them that its a start and were getting closer but when I explain the anti-rejection pills and stuff they seem to realise it's not a cure, cause what they understood it was have this simple procedure and no more shots or testing.. it's just the way they interpret it.

I hope they keep at it and soon find a cure but I'm not getting that excited yet.

Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)
Pumping Nov.12/02 - Blue Paradigm