Re: [IP] Medic Alert - Annual Fee?????

I signed up with Medic Alert a couple of months ago and paid $35 for the fee
and was told that there would be an annual fee $20 to continue my membership
for one year, $50 to continue for 3yrs. I signed up online and received my kit
about a week later. Maybe you should ring them up and question them about the
letters and fees or check out the website.

Jacqueline Hall

Ok well I just got a letter(thick and long) from medic alert at first I
thought it was one asking for donations etc.  But when I opened it it was a
Membership Registration Kit.  Now I've been a member since March, so I'm not
sure why I'd get one, I just assume I'm on a list they got.
But once I read it I started to wonder because when I signed up the form said
there was a one time membership fee and the cost of bracelets but this new
form says there are 2 levels of memberships and one has a one time membership
fee of $50.00 PLUS a annual fee of $39!!  and the other has a one time fee of
$60.00 and an annual fee of 49.00.
Am I going to be charged a annual fee now??  I mean I guess its worth it to
have a medic alert but I never signed anything saying I was to pay a yearly
fee.

Anyone else get this form?  Is there anyone who pays the yearly fee?  Or is
this just for new members and why did I get a Member Registration Kit???

Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)
Pumping Nov.12/02 - Blue Paradigm