[IP] Microalbuminuria

I just got the results of my latest blood work.  My A1C was 5.3, which made me ecstatic.  But then I noticed that my BUN/Creatinine Ratio was 32 (it was only 17 in May).  I'll be seeing my Endo on Friday, but in the meantime, I'm wondering if this means I'll be going on Ace Inhibitors or if it's a result of the higher protein diet I've been on the last few months.  I've never done the 24-hour urine test, my guess would be that's the next step?  Any info would be appreciated.

(dx'd 3/2002 - pumping for 3 months)