Re: [IP] Re: 1800 rule (was fixing highs)

> In a message dated 11/18/02 1:03:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
>

> > The funny thing about this.  Several months ago, my bolus ratios didn't
> > match the 450 rule nor the 1800 rule very well.  As I've gotten my
> > rates more well established (basal and bolus), when I go back
> > and "check" myself against the 1800 and 450 rule, I fit into the almost
> > exactly
>
> Please explain the meaning of the 1800 and 450 rule.

See:
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/howto.shtml
"HOWTO estimate your Blood Sugar to Insulin ratio" (1500 rule)
"HOWTO estimate our Carbo to Insulin ratio" (450 rule)

both have built in calculators that will generate a ratio estimate
based on Total Daily Insulin Use (TDIU)

Also see:
"HOWTO check your RATIOS"
and the other BG related HOWTO's on the page.

Michael