[IP] Re: question about test strip refills

In a message dated 11/19/2002 9:14:48 AM Eastern Standard Time, email @ redacted writes:

>  We pay our
> co-pays, 3 of the 4 family members are healthy, it's not my
> fault I have
> diabetes.
> Any advice?
> Another pharmacy?

sorry you are having this problem, several different people have written about trouble getting the amt of strips the dr prescribed.  For me, I was getting the traditional 200 that was prescribed as enough by the insurance company, talked to my dr about needing more, she rewrote the prescription to say i had a pump and needed to test at least 7x a day and made it for 250.  My normal pharmacy refused to even put it thru, I was so mad at them, "your insurance won't do more than 200 no matter what the script says..." so I went to walmart's pharmacy, they put it thru and i've been getting 250 a month ever since.
Hope you can get it worked out so you get what you need.
We definately could not afford to pay out of pocket for the extra strips.

Faith and her mighty blue dtron
diabetic 21+ years and glad to be here
pumping since aug 2000