>>>Sorry guys, COBRA (the word) burns my ears.  When my husband was
unemployed last year, we had no other option.  Well, let me tell you..we
were charged $950.00 per month (by the way this went on for 8 months).

When I called and complained, their answer was "that's the price".  How
heartless!!  Needless to say, THEY wiped out all of our savings.  It's
unfortunate that they have the upper hand on us.  I hope YMMV >>>

Our mileage varies just a tad - we are currently paying $822.86 a month for
COBRA. Have to have it - no other way, but it's extreeeeemely tough. We have
had 2 ins. cos during this time - one before 8/1, and a new one since. Oh,
the prior one was over $500 a month and we thought that was high. Both of
them are claiming my dialysis center is not in network and charging us mega
bucks. I am in the appeals process and having to pay so far about $25.00 in
charges for sending certified letters requiring signatures.

My kidneyologist IS on the plan and the dialsis center is in the exact same
bldg as his office. Instead of making an office visit to see him, he or one
of his associates makes rounds to the patients. I have contacted Patient
Advocacy and Erin is helping me with the appeals and she says the ins. HAS
to pay since there is no other alternative. They just like to beat you down
hoping you'll cave. NOT!!!  It's a total of about $20,000.00. Medicare took
over 10/1/02, but we're talking 7/8-9/30/02.

I am a high-maintenance dudette!!!

This is not the life I ordered