[IP] question about test strip refills

Hi everyone,

I have been pumping since this past May, and was always able to receive
300 test strips per month.  For some reason, in October, the pharmacist
told me my insurance would only cover 200.  My nurse practitioner plainly
wrote the form for 300/month, and for me to test 8x daily.  I told her I
tested 8 - 10 times, but felt like 300 test strips per month was more
than adequate.  I like to test before and after meals, fasting, bedtime,
before and after exercise, and before I drive a car.  One would think the
insurance company would LIKE people like me.  Anyway, has anyone had this
happen to them?  I called my insurance company, told the customer service
person what was up, and how often I test, and why.  She told me to have
the doctor's office write a letter to the insurance company.  Excuse me,
but isn't a prescription form as valid as a letter?  I called the
doctor's office and left them a message to write a letter (OK, get real,
what doctor has time to write a letter??) and never heard back.  Today,
once again, I was only allowed 200 test strips.  I tried to e-mail the
insurance company and there was an error, so I'll probably call tomorrow
AGAIN.  It's not my fault the doctor hasn't written a letter!!!  Also, in
September I changed from Accu-chek to One Touch.  I got 300 O.T. strips
in September, so that shouldn't have anything to do with it, although
I've thought about asking if the pharmacy can give me 200 Accu-chek
strips for an additional co-pay.  We have a decent income, so
theoretically we could afford to BUY test strips out of pocket, and will,
if it comes to that.  But, it's the principle of the thing.  We pay our
co-pays, 3 of the 4 family members are healthy, it's not my fault I have

Any advice?

Another pharmacy?

Maybe Merck-Medco would give me the full amount??

and Scrappy Blue the blue paradigm

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com