Re: [IP] Mailing Humalog

In a message dated 11/17/02 1:39:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Does anyone know how to safely mail Humalog?  And if so could you give me a
> few hints as to how it should be packed.  It's going from NY to NC so I
> don't
> think temperature should be a problem right now ....but somebody please let
> me know if I'm wrong about that.
> Thanks

The only thing that has worked for me is to have it sent overnight next day
first delivery, packed with at least one ice pack in a stirafoam cooler.
This is done through my mail-order pharmacy.  I was able to make this
arrangement by going directly to the head pharmathis at the facility where
your insulin is sent from.  Anyone in-between will just tell you it can't be
done.  I did this when I had Merck-Medco and now with my current supplier.
Each time I need a refill, I have to call this person directly to get my
ordered processed this way.  If I was to call the regular refill number, it
could not be done.  Let us know what happens.