[IP] Pumpers Meeting--San Jose, California

Hi Fellow Pumpers,

For those of you in the San Francisco Bay area, the Diabetes Society of
Santa Clara Valley has a pump support group that meets the third Tuesday of
every month.  The meetings are lead by Alice Orth and Sue Ann Kelly who are
certified pump trainers as well as RN's and CDE's.  Meeting details are as

    What: Pumpers Group
    Where: Diabetes Society of Santa Clara Valley
                1165 Lincoln Avenue, Suite 300
                San Jose, CA 95125
                408 287-3785
                Free parking available behind the building
    When: November 19 (and the third Tuesday of every month)
               7:00 PM to 8:30 PM

There is no cost and members and nonmembers of the society are all invited.

For this months meeting, we have a guest scheduled.  Rebecca Williamson,
owner and operator of Exclusively Fit, will be joining us to discuss
fitness.  Exclusively Fit is a company that Becky started in 1988 to
present worksite lectures on health and fitness as well as designing and
implementing worksite health promotion programs and providing individual
fitness instruction.  She has some very interesting experience in fitness
including working with the NASA-Ames Research Center to set up an
exercise test protocol to simulate astronaut activity in space.  Becky is
an exercise physiologist, personal fitness trainer and consultant and has a
Masters degree with emphasis in exercise physiology.  She is also certified
as a Health/Fitness instructor and as an Advanced Personal Trainer and has
experience in personal training with people with diabetes.  Ms.  Williamson
will give us a short presentation about fitness and then will be available
to answer questions about how we can best approach fitness and exercise
programs to improve our health and deal with diabetes.  So think about what
you would like to ask this professional fitness guru about getting or
staying fit and bring your questions along. This should be a good
opportunity for each of us to learn some important tips for better taking
care of ourselves and enjoying life.

The meeting is a great place to share ideas and experiences and the group
leaders are very helpful for answering questions and exploring problems.
Family members, significant others and friends are also welcome to attend.

Contact me if you need directions or have any questions.  See you there!

Bob Goodman
South Bay