Re: [IP] Re: fixing highs

> I think I need to re-read the 1800 rule.   When I do the
> calculations based on what you just said,  the correction dose we
> would give is actually double what we are using which is working
> fine.    And we use even less of that at night to prevent his
> seizures.

These rules (1500, 1800, 450, etc...) are all based on the response
of "average" people, not a specific person. These "rules" must be
used with care and represent only a "starting point" if you have no
other information. Insulin dosage has to be adjusted for each
individual based on his or her response. Your medical team is the
first stop for definitive information. You can help by collecting
good data on response to specific dose levels -- keeping good records
of corrections for lows and highs.

Michael