Re: [IP] Re: fixing highs

> What is the formula for fixing a high between meals.  I can't seem
> to get it right.  It throws my whole day off.  Thanks       Nina, NJ

You start by knowing your bg/insulin ratio and calculating the
insulin require to bring down the high. Usually, if you're very high
or have been high for some time, you will also be insulin resistant
and may require and extra unit or two to compensate for the
resistance. You should discuss this with your medical team. If this
pattern of highs is consistent after meals, it's a good sign that
your carb/insulin ratio is too high as well and should be adjusted
downward. There are a set of HOWTO's on the web site about measuring
and adjusting these ratios.

See the first 7 documents on the HOWTO page of the website
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/howto.shtml

Michael