Re: [IP] No insurance...

Sher:

I also recently lost insurance, when my husband was laid off from work.  We
are doing ok though with pump supplies in buying them.  If you have a credit
card have you tried ordering the supplies from canada?? they work out a
cheaper with the exchange rate.  There is a company here who has great
prices.. If you would like more infor email me.. email @ redacted

Tina

> I am currently in the situation of not having any medical insurance, and
although this is a temporary state (hopefully), it proves critical for me in
that I can't afford the expense of pump supplies each month until I am back
on insurance.  This may be only for a few months, but since my old insurance
only gave me merely a month's worth of supplies in hand, I am forced to go
back to being on shots.  In order to keep any semblence of control I am
taking 5 shots a day with mixed insulins, but still am seeing
> a swing of bg's anywhere from 55 - 350 at certain points during the day.
(And, my husband said - very lovingly - that I'm already more cranky than
usual... yikes)

> Has anyone else faced this situation, and how did you deal with it?  I
would love to know if there are any alternatives.