Re: [IP] No insurance...

Get on a COBRA insurance or you will have a pre-existing condition of
usually a year, if you have a 60 or 90 day lapse in insurance coverage.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Sher" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2002 4:06 AM
Subject: [IP] No insurance...

> I am currently in the situation of not having any medical insurance, and
although this is a temporary state (hopefully), it proves critical for me in
that I can't afford the expense of pump supplies each month until I am back
on insurance.  This may be only for a few months, but since my old insurance
only gave me merely a month's worth of supplies in hand, I am forced to go
back to being on shots.  In order to keep any semblence of control I am
taking 5 shots a day with mixed insulins, but still am seeing a swing of
bg's anywhere from 55 - 350 at certain points during the day. (And, my
husband said - very lovingly - that I'm already more cranky than usual...
yikes)

> Has anyone else faced this situation, and how did you deal with it?  I
would love to know if there are any alternatives.