[IP] No insurance...

I am currently in the situation of not having any medical insurance, and although this is a temporary state (hopefully), it proves critical for me in that I can't afford the expense of pump supplies each month until I am back on insurance.  This may be only for a few months, but since my old insurance only gave me merely a month's worth of supplies in hand, I am forced to go back to being on shots.  In order to keep any semblence of control I am taking 5 shots a day with mixed insulins, but still am seeing a swing of bg's anywhere from 55 - 350 at certain points during the day. (And, my husband said - very lovingly - that I'm already more cranky than usual... yikes)

Has anyone else faced this situation, and how did you deal with it?  I would love to know if there are any alternatives.

Please feel free to email me personally regarding this.

Thanks, Sherrie

~ Sher in Seattle

"If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun."  Katherine Hepburn

Do you Yahoo!?