Re: [IP] connecting quicksets

    I use the Quicksets and followed the directions in the book on not
squeezing or touching the disconnect tabs when reconnecting, but instead
grabbing the Quickset where the tubing comes out and just opposite the
tubing. I still had a difficult time because flesh is flexible--especially
on me because I have extra! <grin>
    Anyway, I got good at disconnecting and reconnecting when I practiced
with an old set. I just sat there disconnecting and reconnecting until I had
my own little system working for me.
    You may want to tape an old set in place on him and cut the tubing at
about a foot long and just have him practice with an old set that is taped
to him but not inserted or pumping insulin. This way he can relax with no
worries about goofing it up.
    Where there's a will there's a way even with that doggone little
slippery plastic Quickset!

Cody S. Alderson