From: "Myndi Fletcher" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] Insulin Pumps and college

>Show your support for Insulin Pumpers.
>Make a tax deductible donation now during our FALL
Pledge Drive.

>Your annual contribution will eliminate this header
from your IP mail

>Laurie,
>My husband, then boyfriend, was my biggest supporter
in getting the pump.  If
>not for him, I don't know if I would have taken
that "chance".  Reassure your
>daughter that if a boy is going to judge her for
something that is greatly
>improving her life then he's not one for keeps.  I
know, easier said than
>done!!  Best of luck!!

    Myndi

  dx'ed 1982 at age 11

prior email) and is in
>her
>1st semester of college.  She has been a little back
and forth about the
>pump
>and I feel she has a lot to deal with now and don't
want to push her.  At
>first
>wanted to skip shots all together and go straight to
the pump but of  course
>they
>won't let her do that until she can prove she can
follow the  regiment.

>Unfortunately the diabetes educator was somewhat
negative about pump and said
>they had one girl quit it because it interfered with
her relationships and
>guys
>felt uncomfortable because she had something attached
to her.  I have had  3
>relationships since being on the pump (3+ years) and
it has never been a
>problem.  However, I am 45 and have not dated college
guys since I was in
>college so I told my daughter I would ask others what
there experience has
>been.
>
>Anyway it I could get some feedback for my daughter,
I would appreciate it.

HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
>send a DONATION http://www.Insulin-
Pumpers.org/donate.shtmlGet more from the
http://explorer.msn.com