[IP] Overnight basal testing

Well I tried to test my over night basal but went low just after supper and then went to  14.8 -2 hours later so I quit that and now I'm pigging out! I made it 3 1/2 hours without food!! YIKES!  I'll have to try again tomorrow.  My question is, they say if you go low after supper to abort the over night test and call your trainer to adjust boluses but I can't figure out my boluses till I know if my basals are making me low!  I do seem to always go low 1 hour after I eat so I've gone from 1u-7c to 1u - 10c and still go low so I've even lowered that some and it still not working??  Anyone have this problem?  My trainers are out of town till tuesday so I can't phone them I can phone another trainer in the city whom I've never met but don't really see the need I'd rather wait till tuesday.

Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)
Pumping Nov.12/02 - Blue Paradigm