[IP] connecting quicksets

Somebody please tell me - is there some sort of trick for connecting
Quicksets?  My 8 year old son did his own set for the first time today.  We
had been using Comforts, but he just couldn't make himself stick that big
needle into himself, so we tried Quicksets.  He did great.  I was really proud
of him and he was really proud of himself.  But now we're both just frustrated
because we both have a lot of trouble reconnecting (and a little trouble
disconnecting).  I remember this being asked before - is there a secret?