Re: [IP] Filling times / no syringes in the house

In a message dated 11/15/02 11:36:26 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> No, I don't calculate how much I'll use, because my insulin usage could
> vary
> alot from day to day, depending on what I decide to eat.  I usually try to
> stay under 35 units per day (during the week), but since my wife's birthday
> in Sep., my birthday in Oct., and Halloween, it has usually been a lot
> more.
> I haven't noticed any problems with blood sugars when I have changed in the
> evening or at night.  I understand that you shouldn't change your site
> every
> 3 days, and in the morning, but filling the resevoir is "unrelated."  I
> don't think that warm insulin sitting in the resevoir/tubing would grow
> bacteria; the resevoir, tubing, and insulin are sterile when you fill them,
> but YMMV.
> Good lick,

    Well, I haven't had any problems either with putting in a little extra
insulin for the same reason,  but my nurse said she was really worried when I
told her, so then I was really worried, because I've never heared anything
like that before. and that night was when I saw your post.  Thanks for the