[IP] IP] RE: Pump/Bath- priming???

At 12:53 PM 11/16/02, you wrote:
>RoseLea,  Are you priming the tubing with one unit before reconnecting
>because you've been putting the pump in suspend when you are bathing?
>We just let Zachary's pump run when he has it off so we don't have to
>worry about anything backing up into the tubing.    And then based on
>the time he had it off, we do a quick bolus for the missed basal.
>Barbara A. Petzoldt - Pump Mama to Zachary (12 1/2,  Dx 2/93, 508 2/02,

No, I leave my pump running when I disconnect.  But even so, I've still
notice a small pocket of air at the end of the tubing occasionally.  I was
told to just prime 1 unit and make sure I see a drop of insulin before I
reconnect.  I guess I'd rather do that then take the chance of 1/2 unit of
air being there since my basals are pretty low.