Re: [IP] Insulin Pumps and College

At 12:53 PM 11/16/02, you wrote:
>I think a pump might help your daughter have a more "normal" life.  I
>hope she will get one - perhaps you could get a loaner and she could try
>yours to see how she likes it.
>I think your daughter is really lucky to have you as a mom.  Hope you
>have been able to get some rest after your hospital sleeps and during
>all this stress.

If my daughter were diagnosed with diabetes today, I would encourage her to
get a pump.  With her lifestyle, I don't think she'd survive with shots,
and I know she would hate constantly giving herself shots.   When I got my
pump she was still in college and all the guys she knew were interested in
my pump, they thought it was cool.  I wish that there had been pumps like
these around when I went to college.

dx'd 1963
pumping 2000