[IP] RE: Pump/Bath- priming???

>What why do you prime when you hook back up??? Do you have to do this for
>sillhouettes too, I've never heard this!!! Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)
>Pumping Nov.12/02 - Blue Paradigm

I prime the tubing with one unit before I hook back up, not
after.  Sometimes air can get sucked back up into the tubing (I have seen
this happen) so I prime the tubing until I see a drop of insulin come out,
then I hook back up.  Some people try to make up for any basal they miss
while being unhooked, since my basal is so low, it doesn't really matter
for the 15 minutes or so that my pump is disconnected.  YMMV.