Re: [IP] Left handed insertion

Summer wrote on 11/15/2002 02:20:23 PM:

> Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 23:43:44 -0500
> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] Left handed insertion
> I was wondering if anyone has troubles with left handed insertions?
> I have been doing insertions on my left side of stomach with my
> right hand and have had no troubles.  But will be using my right
> side tomorrow.  I have done one on my right side with my right hand
> but the tubing was facing out and I want it to face the belly button
> for easier tucking in. I use the sillhouettes.  I'm not sure if I
> can do it left handed though, does anyone have troubles with their
> left hand???

I use my left hand to insert on the left side of my abdomen, but then
again I also use my left hand to insert on my right side, since I'm left
handed :-)  It doesn't bother me that the tubing is "pointing out" on one
half and "pointing in" on the other, I haven't had any issues with tucking
it in.  I'd suggest trying this way again first before trying to do the
insertion with your other hand, so you can have the best control for the
insertion.  It just occured to me that you may be using an inserter, I
don't and if that is the case it may be less on an issue.