Re: [IP] Filling times / no syringes in the house

No, I don't calculate how much I'll use, because my insulin usage could vary
alot from day to day, depending on what I decide to eat.  I usually try to
stay under 35 units per day (during the week), but since my wife's birthday
in Sep., my birthday in Oct., and Halloween, it has usually been a lot more.
I haven't noticed any problems with blood sugars when I have changed in the
evening or at night.  I understand that you shouldn't change your site every
3 days, and in the morning, but filling the resevoir is "unrelated."  I
don't think that warm insulin sitting in the resevoir/tubing would grow
bacteria; the resevoir, tubing, and insulin are sterile when you fill them,
but YMMV.
Good lick,
Mario

>        Hi,
>
>          So you don't calculate how much insulin you use in 3 days plus
25u
> for priming?  The reason I ask is because  I changed out my set last night
> because I like to wait until I hear the "low volume" alarm, to conserve
> insulin.  I calculate it for 3 days, and try to change it at around the
same
> time each morning, and that's when it usually goes off. but this time it
> lasted until the evening.  So, anyway, I changed it out last night and my
BS