Re: [IP] Insulin Pumps and college

I think that it is important for you daughter to closely examine the reasonings behind why she does/does not want to go on the pump. I went on the pump at 10 years old and at 18 I couldn't deal with the clicking noises and the alarms that would always manage to go off in the middle of class. I went off the pump for two years. I went back on the pump because of the advances in pump technology. The paradigm for me offered solutions to the issues I previously had. I don't have clicking and the vibrate mode allows the alarm to be felt by me and no one else!
 As far as relationships I have not encountered one guy that felt uncomfortable with the pump. If a guy does then he is not worth having around. My current boyfriend of 2.5 years is the one who encouraged me to get back on the pump. It helps that he is in the medical profession (EMT and works in the ER) and applying to medical school right now. He knows what can happen to me if I don't take care of myself.

Being on the pump and in college is a wonderful experience. I can sleep in on weekends, and I can eat that late night pizza. I think you need to find a new CDE.