[IP] 3 am no delivery alarm!

I woke up at 3am to test and my sugar was 15.8!!  So I took 3units to correct it and went back to bed, a minute later as I just fell asleep the pump woke me up saying no delivery, so I check the pump and it say it gave me 1.9 units I change out my site and retest and am at 17.6 so I took another 2units with new site and set alarm for 2 hours.  2 hours later I was 8.8 - not bad.
How many units are not delivered before this alarm goes off?  I am assuming my basals weren't delivered for awhile cause I was so high.  Also if I hadn't tested and corrected it probably would have been morning before I bolused for the alarm to go off then I'd have been really high.

Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)
Pumping Nov. 12/02 - Blue Paradigm