[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #784

> I was wondering if others use the Precision xtra and what
> their thoughts and
> experiences are. Thank you.

I don't use a Precision Xtra anymore (had to change to OneTouch because of my insurance changing), but I didn't really have any problems with it.  I wasn't crazy about it, but that was because I was used to the AccuChek and the Comfort Curve strips where you could get away with a smaller drop of blood.  I also didn't like the individually wrapped strips--I know why they do that, but that kind of drove me nuts when I was having a low.  I never had anything like the problems you're having, though--sort of sounds like a defective machine.  I think I'd call them and insist on them replacing it.  Did you get it directly from the manufacturer, or from a pharmacy?  If you got it from a pharmacy, maybe they would replace it.

Good luck!