[IP] Re: MM508 for sale...

> Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 20:10:07 EST
> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: Re: [IP] Re: MM508 for sale
> In a message dated 11/12/02 7:09:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
>> Seems that declaring a phony divorce and removing her from his dependents
>> would be one way she could get help.
> You're right Jenn.  I was told by a "well-meaning" county employee that I
> could get help if I kicked my husband out.
Nice guy/girl///// This is what it boils down to folks in the good ol' USA.
> You said........I know out here in CA we have a HEEP program with help for
> low ...
> We tried this approach.  The acceptance is still based on gross income.
> Therefore, we do not qualify.  I even tried to "use" my diabetes as a way to
> keep the lights on......no dice.
There's no logic in this at all. I find it all nauseating the why people are
> You also said...........
>>However, I am wondering if the court can be appealed
>> to to take a bit less every month. These folks are being left well below the
>> poverty level when
>> that debt is taken. I feel the couple or three extra years it would take to
> >pay off that debt at a lower amount per month would at least park these
> >folks at a more civilized income bracket............
> Sad to say, but we tried this route too.  It seems that we are under the
> maximum amount of payback time that they allow........ 6 YEARS!  We will be
> living this way for another 5 years :-(

Ewwwwww.... Right now it would seem the best course is to "separate" from
him and get the help you need...YOU and HE know you're OK, but it's
something to do to survive, and this is what it is all about. A lot can
happen in 5 years and selling your pump will not bring that much money

I'm working on a couple of options here, I have your snail addy, I have a
lot of things from my BF's dad and can start sending you packs of canned
goods, Veggies, fruit and such, and another friend's looking into Wall-Mart
Gift certificates or something like that towards food.. We'll get something
going here as this is all so incredible.

$300.00 a month leaves my house for debts, avoiding legal action, leaving me
$512 a month. But I don't have the insurance worries and I don't have 3
kidlets to feed either. I figure $48.00 takes care of the kid's school
lunches (3x.80x5x4) for a month, so even if they have that one good meal a
day through the week, it will help.
> Oh well.....
> Sharon

Hang in there!