No Subject

Eileen, I am still recovering from frozen shoulder surgery that was
performed December 27 of 2001. Granted it was a pretty severe case but
needed nonetheless. I had a slight problem that you are also having (but
with a different health insurance company)and I can assure you that the
letter that your Ortho is telling you about is the correct way to go. I was
scheduled for PT twice a week for 16 months and they said they would pay 6
months tops. The Ortho called them and explained what the cause of the
shoulder surgery was and that the PT would save them money in the long run.
They asked for a letter explaining the need for the extended PT which was
faxed to them and I was approved the very next day for 12 more months of
PT. The good thing about that is that by the time this runs out it would
have been a year from my actual surgery and the benefits start from 0 all
over again. My advice is to send in the letter and continue therapy because
trust me. You do not want the surgery.