Re: [IP] Re: MM508 for sale

In a message dated 11/12/02 7:09:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Seems that declaring a phony divorce and removing her from his dependents
> would be one way she could get help.

You're right Jenn.  I was told by a "well-meaning" county employee that I
could get help if I kicked my husband out.

You said........I know out here in CA we have a HEEP program with help for
low income families managing their electricity and heating bills. Surely
something such
as this can be got for these folks?........
We tried this approach.  The acceptance is still based on gross income.
Therefore, we do not qualify.  I even tried to "use" my diabetes as a way to
keep the lights on......no dice.

You also said...........However, I am wondering if the court can be appealed
to to take a bit less every month. These folks are being left well below the
poverty level when
that debt is taken. I feel the couple or three extra years it would take to
pay off that debt at a lower amount per month would at least park these
folks at a more civilized income bracket............
Sad to say, but we tried this route too.  It seems that we are under the
maximum amount of payback time that they allow........ 6 YEARS!  We will be
living this way for another 5 years :-(

Oh well.....