Re: [IP] Humalog - ins. coverage

> requiring coverage of diabetes supplies. You definetly need to fight
> back and demand FULL coverage of your insulin and supplies. Enlist
> anyone that will listen including your state legislators and the
> local newspapers if necessary. <snip> Michael>>>
> Michael,
> I read this all the time, but this time I saw something different.
> Are you saying if a state (Indiana) has such a law, there should be
> NO copays, etc. for DM supplies including insulin, strips, and pump
> stuff?
No, what it means is that if other prescription medications and
supplies are covered then diabetes supplies MUST be covered in the
same fashion.

For example, if you need medication for asthma, or an illness and the
health care plan covers it, then they must cover insulin, syringes,
etc.... in the same fashion. Those supplies can not be excluded
from the plan simply for diabetes (this was the case for some
insurance plans in the past). The same is true for durable medical
goods like insulin pumps. In some states (California) this is
codified and pump coverage is spelled out in the law and required IF
there is coverage of other drugs and durable medical supplies.