[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #774

 Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 23:57:57 -0600
From: "Jennifer Updike" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] I HATE my paradigm

Since there are people asking about the paradigm and how people who
have one
like it.... let me tell you, I absolutely hate mine. The only thing I
about it is it takes one aaa battery and they last quite a while.
Everything else drives me nuts.  The case you slide it into that has a
that rotates is big, bulky, and gets caught on everything.  The leather
case's clip doesn't have a spring and is difficult to put on your
or take off with one hand.

Hi Jenn,
I just switched to the Paradigm too and you are right about the pump cases/clips! I hate them too! I was mainly attracted to the paradigm because of its size, but that plastic case makes it even bigger than the 508 and forget about the leather case. Its very hard to clip on and off.  I even called and wrote to Minimed to complain about them. I believe they designed them with MEN in mind and not women. The reply I got was go to their website and buy a different kind of pump cases. The pump cases I saw are the kind that have a hook type clip which will not work for  me. I dont wear clothes with belt loops!
Recently, I have gotten "no delivery" messages, even though the insulin is full...I have changed the infusion sets and so far that works. But it also wastes a lot of insulin.

Do you Yahoo!?