[IP] Re: Thigh Site

Hello all,
I was advised to trek over to this area and get some definitive info.
During this week I will be having a Stress Echo Cardiogram; and a
Upper GI with small bowel follow through.  It will take between 4-6hours.  I
have two choices:
1.  I will NPO from midnight till the exam starts and then the length of the
exam.  Do I just disconnect and do without Insulin?
2.  Do I use the thigh site and leave the pump attached so I get a basal.  I
use around 3 units as a basal per hour.
MM stated the pump would not be harmed by either ultrasound or radiological
My doctor does not have any opinion and says do what I want.  Strange but
true that I will live through it either way.  I know that when I take it off
just for a shower and refill...about an hour...the glucose really starts to
Sorry for the length of this post but I need some answers from real users of
pumps and who have been through some of this junk.