Re: [IP] Humalog

In a message dated 11/10/2002 7:44:23 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Does anyone know if a generic Humalog exists?  My insurance co (I know,
> thats
> a BAD word) is ripping me off.  Besides that, they are telling me how many
> vials a month I can purchase with their benefit.  Who is the doctor
> here?????
> If I want to purchase another vial, it will be at my expense 100 percent!
> We use to have HMO and I know I've heard alot of people venting about it,
> but
> since my husband lost his job and found a new one (medial), we are on PPO.
> HATE it.  HMO had a 3 month script plan, I paid $20 for a 3 month supply!
> Not too shabby.  But now we make much less and the insurance is useless.
> We're not even talking pump supplies yet!!  Any info/imput you can share
> with
> me would be greatly appreciated.  I'm about ready to pull my beloved pump!

We have a PPO and I pay $20 for a 1 month supply but my dr determines what
that monthly supply is for my insulin and my strips.
I"m sorry they are trying to make you pay for more insulin but I think they
do need to pay for what your dr has ordered.
sorry, I don't think there is a generic for humalog yet.

Faith and Sweetie Pie my sweet blue dtron
diabetic 21+ years and happy to be here