[IP] Re: Glucosamine Chondroitin supplement

In a message dated 11/11/02 7:40:50 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<< The last time this subject was raised, Dr. Bender ("Spot") stated that
glucosamine increased insulin resistance - notwithstanding the "gluco" in
the name. >>

Wow...interesting. I never noticed that being the case when I was taking it.
But, then again, it was while I was training for a marathon, so the training
might have counteracted the insulin resistance. My insulin requirements went
down during training. Maybe they would have gone down more without the
supplement. Hmmmm. Oh well, the supplement was a huge benefit, so it doesn't
matter to me either way. My knees couldn't have gotten through the trainging
without it.
dxed T1 9/92, pumping since 1/02