Re: [IP] Re: Halle Berry Again

>>Okay, this is going to sound like a really dumb question, but can you end up in DKA, passed out in a diabetic coma when you're Type 2?  I've been under the impression this only happens to Type 1's, but I really don't know.<<

According to an article I've read in Diabetes Forecast, it is possible for Type 2's to go into DKA.

However, according to Harrison's (The textbook your Doc uses)
a propensity towards DKA can be one of the determining factors between T1 & T2.

According to my Endo, he feels that DKA = T1.
Regardless of title though, once in DKA you need insulin.

John and his DKA-hating Paradigm

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com