[IP] I HATE my paradigm

Since there are people asking about the paradigm and how people who have one
like it.... let me tell you, I absolutely hate mine. The only thing I like
about it is it takes one aaa battery and they last quite a while.
Everything else drives me nuts.  The case you slide it into that has a clip
that rotates is big, bulky, and gets caught on everything.  The leather
case's clip doesn't have a spring and is difficult to put on your waistband
or take off with one hand.  The time is not displayed on the screen so you
have to go through many menus and act as though you are resetting the time
just to see the current time.  I am not sure I like the fact I can not hear
it delivering insulin.  That was kinda like a reassurance with my 508.  I
knew my pump was working.  My new paradigm completely died one month and one
wk after I got it in the middle of the night and I work up at 4am on a
Sunday morning feeling terrible.  I tried to bolus and nothing would work.
Not even the light.  I put a new battery in and nothing.  It hadn't been
dropped or anything and when I called minimed panicking they said oooooh
this is a problem we have been having and told me they would send a
replacement out on Monday. I said great, then she told me it would be a
refurbished one.  I told her nooooooooo way and she said these pumps only
have a one month guarentee to be replaced with new.  After that the
remaining four yrs of warranty, you get a refurbished.  I through a complete
fit.  Then she agreed to send me new "just this once".  Well, low and
behold, Tuesday afternoon I receive my "new" pump.  It was a REFURBISHED
one!!  I called right away and they said they made a mistake entering the
order and would get my new one out right away.  All this after having to
inject for two days.  I haven't injected on a daily basis for 5 1/2 yrs mind
you.  My sugars were all messed up.  She told me to use the refurb. pump til
the new one got to me.  Finally on Thursday I received a new pump still in
the box, wrapped in plastic.  Sighs... I miss my 508.  Even filling the
resevoir I feel is more cumbersome.  This is just my experience and opinion.
  But I do wish I never gave up my 508.  Minimed has been a pretty good
company in my opinion to work with up until this paradigm fiasco.  There may
be those who love the paradigm, but I am starting to wonder if my insurance
company would let me switch to a whole new company altogether, such as the
animas.  What do you all think of animas?  Are they a good pump/company?
Thanks for listening... sorry sooooo long:)
jenni-age 30
diagnosed at age 22
pumping since pregnant with first
child 5 1/2 yrs ago.