Re: [IP] 40 hours till I'm pumping!!

On 11/10/02 5:03 PM, "email @ redacted" <email @ redacted> wrote:

> 40 hours to go!!  I am so excited!
> My trainer said to continue my N right up till tomorrow night before bed, I
> thought that was odd as I've heard you should stop at least 24 hours before
> insulin hookup.  What has everyone else done??

I stopped the demon NPH two months before pumping and switched to
Ultralente.  My last shot of U was 24 hrs before Pump start and I skipped my
nighttime injection and switched to just fast acting insulin.  Hypos were
fairly mild the next few days and after about ten days I felt like the long
term insulin was completely gone.        :>)