[IP] Re: negative opinions (was Cozmo pump release today)

In a message dated 11/9/02 7:47:47 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< By the way I think we all need to stop pushing what we think is the best
pump and let all diabetics make a free choice.  And also stop all these
negative opinions. >>

Without opinions, no matter what they are, this forum and, for that matter,
our society is dead. This is what freedom and choice are all about. The
opinions expressed on this list are what have contributed to my learning and
decisions about going on the pump and my continued success with diabetes
treatment. I am constantly amazed by how many Americans forget that opinions
are the heart of who we are. What would we be if our society simply squashed
all negative opinions? When I worked as a newspaper reporter, I was
constantly perplexed as to the amount of people who only wanted "happy" and
"positive" news, whatever that means. How does that accomplish anything? The
point of news is to inform and, hopefully, foster an educated and active
society, not make us feel good and happy all the time.
I've just seen the dismay over "negative" opinions and attempts at oppression
so many times in the past year I finally had to say something.
I agree, all diabetics should have a free choice in pumps...and to express
opinions. We can all filter the information ourselves as we see fit.
dxed T1 9/92, pumping since 1/02