[IP] Re: Joslin 75-Year medal

> A question was asked about a 75 year medal given on the anniversary of
> insulin.  I was a patient at Joslin in 1996, and was told by one of the
> that a gentleman had been awarded the medal.  He had been on insulin
> continuously since the inception of commercially produced insulin in 1921.
> do not remember his name or know if he is still with us.

I believe that was John Gant and I believe he was from Boston - real near
the Joslin Clinic. I also think he died around '96 - maybe someone can do a
search and see the particulars. Roger had sent me a newspaper article about
him and he was the longest surviving DMer using insulin. I also believe he
got DM at 2 y/o or something like that. (~_^)

If you don't have anything nice to say about anyone.... come sit by me. -
Alice Longworth