[IP] My first pump class

I don't know what kind of pump you're using.  I use a Minimed one, and the reservoirs are marked with lines for every twenty units.  I figure up my TDD, plus 30 units to prime, plus a little extra in case I eat something like pizza or need a few unexpected correction doses.  I then fill it with just that much insulin.

Another thing you can do to save insulin is this:  I save the syringe part of the reservoir and if there is any left over when the time comes to change the site, I simply reattach the syringe to it and put the insulin back in the vial.

Taking 60 units of insulin a day, it really isn't practical to do separate changing of sites and reservoirs, but this system works well for me using about 55 units a day.  Hope that helps.

Kristen Olgren
dxd 1985, pumping since 1990

Single & ready to mingle? lavalife.com:  Where singles click. Free to Search!