Re: [IP] Disgusted with insurance company

Yeah, it's sad but when I first wanted a pump, the insurance company told
me that I "was not sick enough".. and "perhaps if I had had a couple of
hospital stays because of my diabetes" then I would qualify. My A1C was too
good, my control was too good for them. At the time, I had a job and I was
prepared to purchase the pump myself if the insurance would not pay it.
Then the pump distributor contacted my insurance co. directly and worked
something out. I have no idea what  but I got the pump.

I know they are very expensive to purchase on your own, but have you asked
the pump company about any sort of financial help? If I could I would
probably purchase the pump myself and see if I could pay a little each month.