Re: [IP] recall on all d-tron pumps?!

In a message dated 11/7/02 10:24:30 PM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Well it might be noted that back in June, 2002 I got a letter from the
> President of Disetronic. It is a notice that they want to test the
> buttons
> on the D-Tron pumps. Both of mine were tested and returned, one
> at a time, in very short order. I suspect that the Recall and the test
> request are the same. So I believe that D is being more than responsible
> to its customers by trying to correct a problem months before a Recall.

I can shed a little more light on this subject. Two weeks ago as I sat down
to change my cartridge and set my d-tron did not return the piston rod all
the way back. It is a problem they have had with the d-tron. I called to find
out if any new information had come along to fix the problem. The fix had
been to push the prime button and let the rod extend out to near it limit and
then retract it again. Is problem would happen every two or three times I
would change the cartridge. The tech sent me a replacement pump in 22 hours.
They sent a letter with the new pump "On June ,17 2002, I wrote you a letter
to tell you about a possible problem with the buttons on your d-tron insulin
pump. In that letter I. Indicated that we would contact you by the end of
July to arrange for an inspection of your pump". At some point I will call
again to see if they have found any pumps that have had a malfunction with
the delivery on unwanted insulin. I asked if my pump would be rebuilt, and
was told they do not refurbish pumps. I would guess if you have a d-tron they
will be in touch with you soon. Roger C