Re: [IP] recall on all d-tron pumps?!

> >   I'm curious, did you get this 'FDA Notice' from
> > the FDA or from the MM rep?
> >  I hate asking but this could be another one of
> > their rouses of mud slinging.
> >  It would not be the first.
> the text i posted with the original e-mail is copied
> and posted directly from the FDA site on reports from
> october 2, 2002.  it can be found in the archives.
> I guess i'm more curious as to why none of us d-tron
> pumpers have been contacted by disetronic about a
> recall on all d-tron pumps in the US?

Well it might be noted that back in June, 2002 I got a letter from the
President of Disetronic. It is a notice that they want to test the
on the D-Tron pumps. Both of mine were tested and returned, one
at a time, in very short order. I suspect that the Recall and the test
request are the same. So I believe that D is being more than responsible
to its customers by trying to correct a problem months before a Recall.

With all the bad data I've see on this site about MM, I'm not surprised
they would tell customers about the RECALL on D. I remember having
a MM rep make a big thing about how D was NOT waterproof  shortly
after D announced the H-Tron was only water resistant. And I only
had 5 years experience with that waterproof  pump.
Dam Kids, why can't we all just get along.

D-Tron for 1.5 years
H-Tron for 6 years