[IP] Re: Joslin 75-Year Certificate

email @ redacted wrote:
<snip> In 1921 they started insulin so 1996 would be 75 years. That means in
> 2017 Tom gets it and in 2222 I get mine. Roger C >

> Roger, you indicated that your anniversary is 12/1, and my anniversary is
12/7. Both of those dates are after the Joslin annual meeting in
mid-November, so I will have to wait until 2018 (age 86) and you will have
to wait until 2023. Tom >>>

Oh, no, Tom, they honor your date which has nothing to do with their annual
meeting. My date is 11/5/50 and the instructions were they send them out
(not bring you Joslin!!) :-(((  upon completion of your month. Well, since I
was having the BASH 11/4 and wouldn't receive my 50 yr medal until 12/1, I
asked if they could make an exception so I could have it to display. They
assured me it would arrive a bit early. FedEx knocked on my door 11/3. I
guess 2 days early, was 50 years enough for them. ;) They sure wouldn't want
to send them out before you reach your magical goal. <VBG>

Roger brought his to my BASH and we will both bring our medals to your
party. Are you having a 75th party? I'm not planning on one. It's Roger's
turn. There will be 167 of DM between the three of us. (~_^)

To have what you do not have, you must do what you do not do