[IP] Protein snacks

>>>I have found that if I make sure I have several protein snacks (whether I
am hungry or not) it really helps me not to have the terrible lows you are
talking about.  My basal is .03 and have just been on the pump about 6
weeks.  The protein snacks have really helped me!  Good Luck        Frankie

I read something recently that said the protein thing doesn't work like they
used to think it did, and probably didn't then. I'm confused in that we
bolus for carbs and not protein (unless LARGE serving) so how would a
protein snack level out a BG? Would some dietitian or medical person explain
this? If you bring up the BG to a good level and the basal is set correctly,
why would a protein snack be useful?

What you eat standing up doesn't count. - Beth Barnes