[IP] Re: bolusing for high-protein meal

<snip> What I don't understand is, how do you know each ounce of steak has
7g of protein?  Do all animal-protein sources contain 7g of protein per
ounce?  So can I use that number for chicken or fish?  Leeann >>>

>From the exchange diet system, 1 oz. of protein is 7 grams. That was
considered a meat exchange = one ounce of any meat could each be traded for
that many exchanges. >>

Hi Jan,

Thanks!--you're bringing back vague memories from a distant past.  I'd completely forgotten the details of the exchange system.  :-)