[IP] Re: bolusing for high-protein meal - 60% versus 40%

<< You mentioned taking 60% of the protein to calculate for bolus.  I was taught that 40% of protein converts to carbs, NOT 60%.  Perhaps you actually learned that 60% of the protein does NOT convert to carbs, and got it backwards?  Or, perhaps my educator mistaught. >>

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the info on how you handle proteins for yourself.  Re the 60% number, I got that info from the How-To topic posted here on IP.  It actually said that 58% of protein gets converted to glucose.  (But I believe it said the number is questioned by some.)  So no, I didn't get it mixed up...but I don't know where the author got the original information.