Re: [IP] smelly insulin...YUCK!

>I have been pumping for about 4 years now..and have always hated the
>way the Humalog insulin smells when I am doing a set change. Does
>anyone have any suggestions on  how to clean the pump ( I have a MM
>507C) to get that icky smell out. I wish Lilly would copme out with
>a "scented" insulin...wouldn't that be beautiful!

That's kind of funny.  My wife actually loves the smell of my insulin.
With the pump, that smell is far less common than with shots.  She used
to like to smell me right after I would give a shot just to get the
scent of the insulin.  Personally, I think it smells like a band-
aid...neither bad nor good.

I'm not sure I would want them to add a "scent" chemical to my insulin